Saturday, June 10, 2006

one of the best introductions to Linux desktop I've seen

I just had to post this - it represents one of the new stream of articles about how easy linux is becoming to install and use - with still a set of things you need to know:

raldz.dot.tech: Basic Things to Know When Switching to a Linux Desktop
I am an advocate of Open Source, and try to promote Linux to friends, colleagues, and sometimes to total strangers. But even though Linux has made its way to the mainstream and wouldn't make an intermediate computer user sweat, there are always bumps on the road. New users get stuck on their new Linux machines trying to figure out what went wrong, or as a better way to say it.. what they didn't know. From different questions that I get from new users, I have come up to a collection of the basic things that a new Linux user must know.

No comments: